Dr. Rajeswaran has been collaborating with Clinical investigators from the Cleveland Clinic’s Heart & Vascular Institute since 2001.He is a Biostatistician by training, have more than 20 years of collaborative research experience in Clinical outcome research in the field Cardiology/Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. He serves as a Deputy Statistical Editor and as an editorial board member of Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
In other words ...
One of the main question after a surgical procedure (eg, mirtal valve repair) is the how durable is the procedure and its impact on long-term clinical outcomes. Dr. Rajeswaran collaborating with Dr. Eugene Blackstone has developed models that can fit long-term temporal trend of echo/ekg findings and assess its impact on long-term clinical outcomes such as reinterventions and survival.
- Rajeswaran J., Blackstone EH. Barnard J, Joint Modeling of Multivariate Longitudinal Data and Competing Risks using Multiphase Submodels, Statistics in Biosciences, 2018, 10: 651-685.
- Blackstone EH, Rajeswaran J, Cruz VB, Hsich EM, Koprivanac M, Smedira NG, Hoercher KJ, Thuita L, Starling RC,Continuously Updated Estimation of Heart Transplant Waitlist Mortality, J Am Coll Cardiol 2018; 72: 650-9.
- Rajeswaran J., Blackstone EH. Barnard J, Evolution of association between renal and liver functions while awaiting heart transplant: An application using a bivariate multiphase nonlinear mixed effects model, Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 2018, 27: 2216-2230.
- Rajeswaran J., Blackstone EH. Multilevel Data Analysis: What? Why? How?, J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 155:210-1 - Scientific Commentary.
- Rajeswaran J., Blackstone EH. Ehrlinger J, Li L, Ishwaran H, Parides MK, Probability of atrial fibrillation after ablation: Using a parametric nonlinear temporal decomposition mixed effects model, Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 2018, 27: 126-141.
- Pande A, Li L, Rajeswaran J., Kogalur UB, Ehrlinger J, Blackstone EH, Ishwaran H, Boosted multivariate trees for longitudinal data, Machine Learning, 2017, 106: 277-305 .
- Rajeswaran J., Blackstone EH. Competing risks: Competing questions, J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017; 153:1432-3 - Editorial: Statistical.
- Petersen JL, Blackstone EH, Rajeswaran J, Cohen DJ, Douglas PS, Hahn RT, Kodali S, Svensson LG, Leon MB for the PARTNER Trial Investigators and PARTNER Publications Office, Readmission for Acute Decompensated Heart Failure among Patients Successfully Treated with Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: A PARTNER-1 Substudy, Structural Heart, 2018; 2:4: 316-327.
- Beach JM, Rajeswaran J, Parodi FE, Kuramochi Y, Brier C, Blackstone E, Eagleton MJ, Survival affects decision making for fenestrated and branched endovascular aortic repair, J Vasc Surg 2018; 67: 722-34.
- Rajeswaran J., Blackstone EH. A Multiphase Non-Linear Mixed Effects Model: An Application to Spirometry after Lung Transplantation, Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 2017, 26: 21-42.
- Raza S, Blackstone EH, Houghtaling PL, Rajeswaran J, Riaz H, Bakeen FG Lincoff AM, Sabik III JF. Influence of Diabetes on Long-Term Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Patency, J Am Coll Cardiol, 2017; 70:51524.
- Li L, Mao H, Ishwaran H,Rajeswaran J., Ehrlinger J, Blackstone EH, Estimating the prevalence of atrial fibrillation from a three-class mixture model for repeated diagnoses, Biometrical Journal, 2017, 59: 331-343.
- Raza S, Sabik JF 3rd, Rajeswaran J, Idrees JJ, Trezzi M, Riaz H, Javadikasgari H, Nowicki ER, Svensson LG, Blackstone EH. Enhancing the Value of Population-Based Risk Scores for Institutional-Level Use, Ann Thorac Surg. 2016; 102: 70-7.
- Rajeswaran J., Blackstone EH. Patient-reported outcomes and importance of their appropriate statistical analyses., J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2015; 150:461-2 - Editorial.
- Philip F, Gornik HL, Rajeswaran J, Blackstone EH, Shishehbor MH, The Impact of Renal Artery Stenosis on Outcomes After Open-Heart Surgery, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2014; 63: 310-6.
- Beach JM, Mihaljevic T, Rajeswaran J, Marwick T, Edwards ST, Nowicki ER, et al. Ventricular hypertrophy and left atrial dilatation persist and are associated with reduced survival after valve replacement for aortic stenosis, Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2014; 147: 362-9.
- Banga A, Gildea T, Rajeswaran J, Rokadia H, Blackstone EH, Stoller JK The Natural History of Lung Function after Lung Transplantation for a1-Antitrypsin Deficiency, American Journal of the Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 2014; 190: 274-281.
- Raja S, Rice TW, Rajeswaran J, Zhong J, Blackstone EH, Esophageal small-cell cancer: study of a rare disease, Disease of the Esophagus, 2013; 26: 690-695.
- Mason DP JL, Rajeswaran J, Li L, Murthy SC, Su JW, Pettersson GB, Blackstone EH, Effect of changes in postoperative spirometry on survival after lung transplantation, Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2012; 144: 197-203.
- Mihaljevic T., Nowicki ER., Rajeswaran J., Blackstone EH., Lagazzi L., Thomas J., Lytle BW., Cosgrov DM., Survival after valve replacement for aortic stenosis: Implications for decision making, Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2008; 135 (6): 1270 – 9.
- Rajeswaran J., Blackstone EH. Interval Estimation for Individual Categories in Cumulative Logit Models, Statistics in Medicine: 2007; 26: 4150-4162.
- Jørgensen B., Rajeswaran J., A Generalization of Hotelling’s T2, Communications in Statistics: Theory and Methods, 2005; 34 (11): 2179-95 - Joint First Authors.
- Raboud JM, Boily MC, Rajeswaran J, O’Shaughness MV, Schechter MT, The Impact of Needle Exchange Programs On The Spread Of HIV Among Injection Drug Users; A Simulation Study, Journal of Urban Health, 2003; 80: 302-320.
My full list of publications
No news currently found.