Research Core Services
Flow Cytometry Core
- Invitrogen Countess™ automated cell counter.
- Apogee A50 Micro used for analysis and fluorescence of small particle applications.
- Becton-Dickinson LSR II capable of 12 color and 14 parameter acquisition with 5 lasers (Argon ion 488nm, HeCd UV 355nm, Violet 405nm, HeNe 639nm, and Green 532nm).
- Becton-Dickinson LSRFortessa capable of 18 color and 20 parameter acquisition with 5 lasers (Argon ion 488nm, HeCd UV 355nm, Violet 407nm, HeNe 641nm, and Yellow-Green 561nm).
- Becton-Dickinson High Throughput Sampler (HTS) capable of acquiring samples from 96-well or 384-well microtiter plates.
- Becton-Dickinson Special Order BD FACSAria II high performance, fixed alignment cuvette cell sorter. The Special Order BD FACSAria II consists of 488nm, 640nm, 405nm, 561nm and 355nm lasers, providing 16 parameters.
- BioProtect III Walk In Clean Air and Containment Cabinet houses the FACSAria II. The BioProtect III is a specialty type Class II biological safety enclosure designed to offer personnel, product, and environmental protection from potentially aerosolized biological hazards.
The Core provides data analysis with the following software:
- FACSDiva (Becton-Dickinson)
- Histogram Software (Apogee Flow Systems)
- Flow Jo (Tree Star)
- ModFit LT (Verity)
Analysis workstations and software training are available for researchers.
Investigators must schedule appointments in advance for ALL flow cytometry. Currently, 1-2 days notice is required; however, more notice is necessary for sorting. Viewing privileges of the appointment calendar are attainable through Google Calendar (GoogleCalendar.pdf). Please be aware calendar openings do not guarantee an appointment time. Appointments can be made by phone or e-mail. The Flow Core reserves the right to schedule as it sees fit.