Laboratory Diagnostic Core
The Laboratory Diagnostic Core has maintained CAP (College of American Pathologists) and CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act) accreditations since 2001 and has maintained the required standards for the past 20 years. The Core offers investigators an extensive menu of automated clinical chemistry, immunology and hematology assays (over 200). Tests range from commercially available FDA approved methods to research grade ELISA’s.
Alan Pratt, MT (ASCP)
Has two modules in tandem:
- Clinical chemistry, ISE (K, Na, Cl), over 100 homogeneous immunoassays, HbA1c (whole blood measurement) Throughput of up to 1,000 tests/hour 60 direct-access assays
- Heterogeneous immunoassays, including cardiac markers and over 80 assays for anemia, bone and tumor markers, hormones, and infectious diseases Throughput of up to 170 tests/hour 5 direct-access assays Carry-over free disposable tips Clot and liquid level detection 9 minute STAT applications for NT-proBNP, Troponin T high sensitive (5th gen.), Troponin I, CK-MB, Myoglobin, hCG, and PTH
Siemens Advia 120 Hematology Analyzer
- CBC results: WBC, RBC, HGB, HCT, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, PLT, MPV.
- Differential results (absolute and %): NEUT, LYMPH, MONO, EOS, BASO.
- Reticulocyte results: %RETIC, #RETIC.
- The ADVIA is capable of running multi-species analysis.
Tecan EVO Liquid/Plate System
- Programmable system of integrated wash, incubation, pipetting and reader stations.
- Elisa assays include myeloperoxidase, adiponectin and leptin.