Research Core Services
The Imaging Core offers everything you need for excellent microscope imaging, from tissue processing and staining to image acquisition with quality instruments and image analysis workstations. Add to this the availability of a seasoned and helpful staff who are committed to working with you for optimum results.
It comprises four unique and important sub-cores:
- Top-quality instruments — from basic brightfield and fluorescence microscopes (including whole-slide scanning) to sophisticated instruments for confocal or multi-photon imaging
- Trained staff to help you plan imaging projects, offer training on the instruments, and provide assistance
- Workstations with powerful image processing software
- Full sample preparation services for both Transmission and Scanning EM
- Training and/or assistance for using the Core TEM and SEM instruments
- Expert advice in planning EM experiments
- Complete sample processing, embedding and sectioning — including cryosectioning
- Full range of staining from H & E to EVG, Massons, Iron, Movats and other special stains
- Expert advice on project planning, fixation techniques, etc.
- Full IHC service, including titration and optimization
- Expert advice in the planning and evaluation of IHC experiments